Please allow 48 hours (2 working days) for your prescription request to be processed. If someone is collecting your prescription on your behalf, you must give your written consent. Please provide a S.A.E if you would like us to post your prescription to you.
From 5th August 2015 everyone aged 70 years or over, living in Ireland, will be entitled to an Over 70s GP Visit Card regardless of income.
If you do not already have a Medical Card or GP Visit card and fit these criteria, you can access this service by registering online at gpvisitcard.ie
Fr0m 1st July 2015 all children under 6 years of age, living in Ireland, are entitled to an Under 6s GP Visit Card regardless of family income. If your child does not already have a Medical Card or GP Visit Card you can access this service by registering at gpvisitcard.ie
The quickest way to apply for a full medical card is to apply online at HSE.ie.
Or you can apply by post by first downloading a Medical Card Application Form via the link on our website. For more information about a Medical Card Application please visit www.medicalcard.ie.
There are, however, some services which your doctor may be able to provide but which are not paid for by the State. The most usual services requested which are not paid for by the State are:
- Medical examinations or reports for legal purposes
- Examinations relating to insurance policies
- Examinations relating to fitness to drive including eye test
- Pre-employment examinations
- School entry examinations
- Examinations in connection with fitness to take part in sport
- Travel Vaccinations and some other vaccinations
- Some family planning services
- Some screening tests
Medical Card patients requesting any of the above services are responsible for the relevant fees.
From 2nd April 2019, the out of hours emergency GP service is called EDoc and operates out of St Columcille’s Hospital Loughlinstown. This is not a walk in service. You must call 01 2234500 and speak to a Triage Nurse who will advise you. This service is available weekdays 6pm to 8am and 24 hours weekends and bank holidays. If you have a Medical Card or GP Visit Card, please have it ready.
In line with best medical practice, and in the interest of excellence in patient care, Repeat Prescriptions must be ordered in writing. This can be done by:
- Ordering your Repeat Prescription directly via our website or
- Our Reception Staff can print off a Repeat Prescription Order Form for you. Take or send your Repeat Prescription Order Form to the surgery. If you are unable to get to the surgery, you may send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Carrig Clinic, 96 Heathervue, Greystones, Co Wicklow.
- Please allow 48 hours/2 working days before collection. If someone is collecting your prescription on your behalf, you must give your written consent. Please provide a S.A.E if you would like us to post your prescription to you.
- The fee for a repeat prescription is €10.
If you have not been seen recently or you are ordering non-repeat medication, your request will be passed to the doctor for attention.
Patients are generally asked to contact the Surgery for test results. If you have signed a Text Message Consent Form, you may receive a text with a summary of your results, or a request that you come in for review.
You can make an appointment by either phoning or calling into the practice. Please let the receptionist know if you require treatment over and above the normal doctor/nurse consultation time. e.g. IUD insertion/removal, 6 week baby check, diabetic review, executive health check, more than one family member, etc.
A consultation may overrun, for example with elderly patients or emergencies. Please be patient with us, as you may be the patient requiring the extended consultation.
If you cannot attend a scheduled appointment please call the surgery on 01 2875932 as soon as possible to cancel.
If you require the Doctor to write a letter, or to complete forms such those you may need for school/college, Social Welfare Service, HSE Applications, etc., please allow 3 working days for completion.
There is an administrative fee to be paid when collecting your completed form or letter from Reception. Some forms involve greater administration or medico-legal responsibilities, in which case a higher fee will apply.
Please note that some forms will require you to make an appointment to see the doctor.